Upgrades and Accessories
All of our alarm systems can be upgraded with a variety of accessories for either adding more security or extra convenience.
Alarm security accessories
Creates an invisible bubble inside the vehicle, which once is broken, triggers the alarm.
- Convertibles/Soft tops – Protection for the roof and inside of vehicle (used instead of ultrasonics for reliability)
- Motorhomes – Rear protection for windows and roof hatches
- Caravans – Protection for windows and roof hatches
- Vans – Installed in the rear to protect windows (if fitted) and act as a backup trigger for opening doors.
Protect expensive alloy wheels and trigger alarm on vehicle lifting.
- Cars, Vans, Motorhomes, Caravans, Plant Equipment
Shock / Impact Sensor
Detects impact, shock and vibration through vehicle and triggers alarm.
- Protection of vehicle door locks
- Protection of alloys (impact to locking wheel nuts)
- Impact to windows and body panels
Glass Break Sensor
Fine-tuned to pick up the frequency of glass smashing.
- All vehicles with glass windows
Dual Zone Proximity / Warn Away Chirp System
This sensor will add an invisible bubble to the outside of the vehicle. If the zone around the vehicle is broken a warning chirp from the alarm will sound to warn away potential threats.
- Protecting expensive paintwork
- Protecting external body parts
Wired/Wireless PIR (Passive infra red) sensor
Mainly used for caravans and motorhomes. These sensors use a wide-angle pick up sensing interior movement. They can also be installed almost anywhere in vehicle.
- Protecting interior of caravans and motorhomes
Reed door contacts
Used for protecting habitation doors and locking compartments on caravans and motorhomes. Reed switches trigger the alarm instantly upon entry.
- Protecting habitation doors, locking compartments and other access areas
Narcotic Gas sensor
Specifically designed for caravans and motorhomes. This device detects the presence of Soporific gases in the air and instantly triggers the alarm.
- Protecting occupants against harmful gas attacks whilst sleeping
- Designed for all motorhomes and caravans
Roller Shutter Contacts
These heavy duty contacts are designed for protecting small, medium and large roller shutters on commercial vehicles.
- Protecting roller shutter compartments
- Heavy duty applications
- HGV & Commercial vehicles
Ultrasonics come standard with the majority of alarm systems we sell. Their main purpose is to detect movement inside the vehicle and trigger the alarm upon interior entry through a window.
- Hardtop Cars, Vans, HGV, Motorhome, Plant Equipment
Closed Loop Circuits
These clever devices are used to protect various accessories on the outside of your vehicle. A looped connection (similar to a small cable bike lock) passes through your equipment and once that loop is disconnected the alarm instantly triggers.
- Protecting mountain bikes on cycle carriers/racks
- Protecting expensive ladders on van roofs
- Protecting off road equipment (winches and roof accessories)
- Cars, Vans, Motorhomes Caravans, HGV, Plant Equipment
Pager / Text Alert
Can be used as a standalone system or as part of an alarm. This unit sends a message to either your mobile phone or to a paging device when the alarm is triggered.
- Cars, Vans, Bikes, Motorhomes, Caravans, Plant & Agricultural Equipment, Marine
- Can be used as a cost effective DIY tracking system
Alarm convenience accessories
Automatically closes 2–4 windows when arming the alarm system.
Remote Central Locking (RCL)
If your vehicle doesn’t have central locking fitted as standard. Carma Automotive can install motors inside each door that can be operated off the original key or controlled direct from an alarm system.
Carma Automotive can also fit additional sirens, extra flashing lights, LEDs and supply and program additional remote key fobs and touch keys.