• Security
  • Professional mobile towbar installations
  • Diagnostics and Auto Electrical
  • Accessories and Convenience
  • ECU Remapping
  • Key Programing

Which socket do you require?

Single (12N)

Single (12N) Socket

The Single (12N) is a standard ‘single electric’ point that is required for most caravans, trailers and cycle carriers. This type of socket provides functions such as indicators, tail lights, brake lights and fog lights.

Twin (12S)

Twin (12S) Socket

The Twin (12S) sockets, otherwise known as ‘twin electrics’ are installed if you are towing an older caravan fitted with the extra grey/white 7-pin plug. The 12N (black) provides the normal road light functions (indicators, tail lights, brake lights and fog light(s)). The 12S (grey/white) provides a reverse light feed, runs the fridge in the caravan, ancillary lighting (vehicle dependent) and also charges the battery whilst you are on the move.

Euro (13Pin)

Euro (13Pin) Socket

The 13 pin (Euro) socket is the latest style of electric point that combines both single (12N) and (12S) sockets into one. As of September 2008 all caravans manufactured will be wired up with the 13 pin plug to meet ISO / B.S.I requirements.

These sockets are also recommended on certain installations as some vehicles have limited mounting space for 2 sockets and only allow room for 1. If you have twin sockets fitted on your caravan, having a 13 pin (Euro) fitted with an additional conversion lead to convert the connection over could prove a better option as the overall look of the installation would be a lot more discreet.

This type of socket is also used on some cycle carriers.

For more advice and recommendations please give us a call.